Watch as Pope Francis holds mass in Manila Cathedral.
JANUARY 16: Pope Francis visits Macalañang to meet government officials and diplomatic corps. After, he heads to the Manila Cathedral for a Holy Mass with bishops, priests, and consecrated persons. Finally, he will head to the Mall of Asia Arena for a meeting with families.
Only 2,000 priests, bishops, and religious persons will be allowed to enter the Manila Cathedral, where Pope Francis will hold his first Mass in the Philippines, next year, Rappler reported.
Still closed from the day prior:
- Whole block of Taft, Quirino, Leon Guinto and Dagohoy
- Portion of Quirino Avenue from Roxas Boulevard to Leon Guinto
Closed from 6:00 am until the Pope arrives in Malacañang:
- Taft Avenue
- Quirino Avenue to Nagtahan
- JP Laurel to Malacañang
Closed from 8:00 am until the Pope arrives in Malacañang:
- Taft Avenue left to Quirino Avenue
- Quirino Avenue right to Roxas Boulevard
- P Burgos to Finance Road to Ayala Boulevard and P Casal
- Gen Solano to Malacañang
This is the schedule for his mass in Manila Cathedral and related events visit on Friday, January 16.
|1045H – 1100H||Travel to Manila Cathedral||Papal Route|
|1100H – 1300H||Mass with Bishops, Priests, Seminarians, Members Of The Religious||Manila Cathedral|
|1300H – 1315H||Travel to Nunciature||Papal Route|
|1315H – 1320H||Arrival at Nunciature||Papal Nunciature|