The largest telecommunication company in the Philippines will lifestream the papal events in 33 free public viewing sites in the country.
There will be 33 free public viewing sites that PLDT, Smart, and Sun Cellular would establish in select parishes and PLDT Sales and Service Centers (SSCs) in and outside of Metro Manila, the telecommunications spokesperson Ramon Isberto said.
According to Rappler, viewing hubs that would cover Pope Francis’ 5-day itinerary include PLDT SSCs in SM malls such as SM Sta Mesa, SM Southmall in Las Piñas, SM North EDSA in Quezon City; and SM Marilao in Bulacan.
The PLDT flagship store in Pasay City will hold a special streaming of the Pope’s activities on Sunday, January 18, from the meeting with the youth and religious leaders in the University of Santo Tomas, to the motorcade going to Rizal Park, and the concluding mass to be held at the Quirino Grandstand.
Communities near the following parishes can watch the papal events on Sunday in the following:
- Five Wounds Shrine Parish in Las Piñas
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Quezon City
- Mary Help of Christians Parish and St Joseph Parish in Parañaque
- San Felipe Neri Church in Greenhills
- San Lorenzo Ruiz Parish in San Juan Rizal
- St Niño Parish in Novaliches
- Sts. Peter and John Parish in Malabon
Viewing sites are also set up in the following:
- Lady of Assumption Church in Dauis
- Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Parish in Pawing, Palo
- St Augustine Parish Church in Sagbayan
- St Peter the Apostle Parish Church in Loboc