1. Teeth Whitener – To keep your teeth looking pearly white, create your own paste with a teaspoon of baking soda and water. Once a week, rub the paste onto your teeth, let it sit for five minutes, and then rinse your mouth.
2. Natural Deodorant – Create your own deodorant by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to create a milky paste, then rub it under your underarms or even on your feet.
3. Natural Kitchen Scrub – Sprinkle baking soda on the surfaces in your kitchen and use a sponge or rag to scrub. You can even add lemon, lavender or peppermint essential oil to add a natural and healing fragrance to this DIY cleaning product.
4. Use as a Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant – Give yourself an invigorating facial and body scrub. Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Rinse clean. This is gentle enough for daily use.
5. Clean the Oven – Sprinkle baking soda onto the bottom of the oven. Spray with water to dampen the baking soda. Let sit overnight. In the morning, scrub, scoop the baking soda and grime out with a sponge, or vacuum, and rinse.
6. Fights Acne and Pimples – Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a little water to make a paste. Apply it on the affected skin for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water.Repeat once daily for 2 or 3 days, then reduce the frequency to 1 or 2 times a week.
7. Keep odors out of your refrigerator and freezer – Leave baking soda in an open container inside the fridge to absorb smells. Replace the baking soda every month or so to maintain the deodorizing effect.