While a foreigner who fell in love with the Philippines wants to become a Filipino, an anonymous netizen who introduced himself as Juan Sipag does not want to become a Filipino anymore.
On the video uploaded on by When In Manila, he gives a list of top ten reasons why he doesn’t want about being Pinoy. He mainly focuses on the negative traits many relate to Pinoys.
Here are the reasons he stated on the list.
1. Crab Mentality: “If I can’t have it, you can’t have it.”
2. Ningas Cogon: “Doing an excellent job at the start but doesn’t deliver well until the end.”
3. Mañana Habit: “Saving for later what can be done now.”
4. Filipino Time: “Meeting is at 6AM then will arrive at 7AM.”
5. Balat Sibuyas: “Correcting one’s mistake, which results in the end that it’s your mistake for doing so.”
6. Pasaway: “Even though they know it’s not allowed, they will still do it.” (rough translation: hard-headed)
7. Colonial Mentality: “Not patronizing our own products.”
8. “Bahala na” Attitude: “Not making plans.”
9. Epal: “Attention seekers.”
10. “Kasalanan mo” Attitude: “Blaming others or fault-finding”