‘Stay With Me’ singer, Sam Smith announced on Monday the cancellation of his first Philippine concert, six days before it was set to be staged at the Mall of Asia Arena on May 10.
In a statement on his Facebook page addressed to “Manila,” Smith said he feels “horrible” to have to reschedule the Manila stop of his “In The Lonely Hour” tour, citing persistent problems in his vocal chords.
The “Latch” hitmaker said, unedited: “I have some bad news, I’ve been to the doctors today and although my four days vocal rest has definitely helped, I still have some serious issues with my vocal cords which need to be addressed.
“I am having to fly to the USA to see a specialist there and as a result need to re-schedule the shows to later this year. This is horrible for me and I’m truly very sorry that I cannot come and see you guys. I hope you understand and cannot wait to see you in the near future.”
Sam previously canceled his Australia tour due to health issues.
Smith, however, has yet to announced the new schedule of the show.