Is Cebu Pacific a horrible airline?
Cebu Pacific is blaming the bad weather on Christmas eve behind the delays and missed flights that led to chaos at the NAIA Terminal 3. The Civil Aeronautics Board is already looking into the complaints of the passengers who were stuck in long queues, ABS-CBN reported.
Aviation authorities grilled Cebu Pacific Air executives during a hearing Monday on the wild chaos dubbed as Great Cebu Pacific Christmapocalypse of 2014 that marred the holiday rush at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport’s (Naia) Terminal 3 on Christmas Day and the following day.
Manila International Airport Authority General Manager Jose Angel Honrado was obviously irked by the claims of the Cebu Pacific executives that air traffic congestion at the Naia led to the flight delays and cancellations on December 24, 25, and 26.
Honrado did not accept Cebu Pacific’s excuse, noting that 70 percent of the canceled and delayed flights from December 24 to 26 involved its planes.
“If the problem was air traffic congestion, how come it was just Cebu Pacific [which] had experienced it?” Honrado said.
According to Cebu Pacific executives, the passengers were told that they could rebook with the airline for 30 days from the original departure date.
The airline also blamed the movement of five international airlines to the Naia 3, saying this limited the number of counters Cebu Pacific could use in a news report published by Inquirer.
Meanwhile, The airline company on Saturday posted on its website saying passengers with flights originating or connecting from Manila, between Dec. 23, 2014- Jan. 5, 2015, who have been unable to check-in for their flights or have been tagged as no-show for their flights, may avail “of a full refund or full travel refund.”
Passengers may specify their preferred option, until Jan. 12, 2015, by calling (02)7020888 or visiting Cebu Pacific’s ticket offices as follows:
• NAIA Terminal 3 Sales Office –Level 3, Departure Hall, NAIA Terminal 3, Andrews Ave., Pasay City
• NAIA Terminal 4 Express Ticket Office –Old Domestic Road, Pasay City
• Robinsons Galleria –West Lane, Level 1, Ortigas Ave. cor. ADB Ave. Quezon City
• Robinsons Place Imus –Level 4, Aguinaldo Highway Imus, Cavite
• Robinsons Place Manila –Level 1 Adriatico Wing, Pedro Gil cor. Adriatico St. Ermita Manila
• Cebu Airport Ticket Office –Mactan International Airport, Lapu-Lapu, Cebu City
• Robinsons Fuente –Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City