Giant Python Dies After Eating Wrong Meal, A Porcupine

Giant Python Dies After Eating Wrong Meal, A Porcupine

When we get tremendously hungry, we opt to eat anything, but not of course really anything like this snake.

Giant Python Dies After Eating Wrong Meal, A Porcupine

Image Credit: Mirror

It is not a new story that snakes devour anything, even the one which is larger than its own size, and this 13-feet African rock python has eaten itself after taking the wrong meal.

The large heavy-bodied non-venomous snake had eaten a full size porcupine that punctured it from inside with its razor-sharp quills. It was discovered dead by a mountain biker at Lake Eland Game Reserve in South Africa near a cycle track.

Giant Python Dies After Eating Wrong Meal, A Porcupine

Image Credit: Mirror

The dead snake had a bloated belly and was lying beneath a rocky ledge. The reserve managers dissected it out of curiosity to know the last meal of the snake that was not digested.

After dissection a 30lb porcupine was discovered.

According to reserve general manager Jennifer Fuller, the python may have fallen off a rocky ledge and this may have driven the quills of the porcupine into its digestive tract.

However, the exact reason of death is not yet known. H/T: MailOnline, Mirror